Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stay strong, Japan! Stay strong, Grace!


The 11 Mar catastrophe of a devastating 9.0 magnitude quake and tsunami in Japan has set me thinking .....

My heart reaches out to Japan as I followed the news daily and prayed for the nation and her people. I did my little part to donate to the cause of relief efforts. I wish I could be there physically to help the victims too. It was a relief to know that my friends in Japan are safe.

Strangely, I've got this certain affinity for Japanese which I can't really explain. Perhaps it's through the course of working with my Japanese counterparts in my previous job where I've come to respect their spirit of excellence and there are certain values in the Japanese culture which I hope to emulate too.

The massive destruction was beyond any human's comprehension. The wrath of nature is indeed formidable. With near death experience and despite losing their homes and loved ones, the Japanese have braved themselves up with their admirable stoicism and resilience. I was reminded to look at myself again. Have I been responding the same to my current situation? Certainly, there's something I can learn from them now to overcome as they did.

As I say 'Stay strong, Japan!', let me also say to myself 'Stay strong, Grace!'

No comments:

Post a Comment